In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Founded in 2009, Big Table is a non-profit that cares for restaurant and hospitality workers in crisis. Grounded both in faith and a commitment to care for all in need, Big Table changes individual lives and builds community through intentional relationships, timely intervention and transformational coaching.
Restaurant and hospitality workers statistically include the highest concentration of those most vulnerable in our community, many with little or no safety net. Pandemic shutdowns have compounded the issue further by shattering the hotel and restaurant industry with many employees losing their jobs or having their hours cut drastically.
Current Industry Stats
· 1 in 5 restaurant workers are still out of work
· 1 in 3 hotel workers are still out of work
· At nearly 40% of all job losses, hospitality unemployment is four times greater than the national average
· The hospitality industry isn’t expected to fully recover until 2023 or 2024
· The restaurant industry ended 2020 with total sales $240 billion below the pre-pandemic forecast for the year and hotel room revenue was down $84.6 billion
2019 vs. 2020 Big Table Stats
· 1483 care referrals – up 378% vs. 2019
· 1939 care recipients – up 164% vs. 2019